Listen to our most recent episodes
We keep show notes on our episodes (starting season 2) that give just a little more insight into what the stories are behind the books and movies, as well as a little bit of what we think about the adaptation. We hope to also include a little more listener input in the show notes.
What is "From Cover to Reel" about?
"From Cover to Reel" will focus on comparing books to their film adaptations and grading those adaptations in order to answer the age old question of which is better: the book or the movie?
Why should I listen to "From Cover to Reel"?
- You should listen to my show if you have strong feelings about books and their adapted screenplays.
- You want to know if the book is different enough from the movie to read.
- Or if the film adaptation of a book is worth watching.
- We talk about characters, themes, plots, and more.
- And we focus on a different book/movie every time.
How did you come up with this idea?
Long ago (7 years ago) Alicia worked at the beautiful Provo Library in Provo, Utah. She was a page, and that meant her job was to sort the books and put them away. She was surprised to find the book Alias Madame Doubtfire was the inspiration for the Robin WIlliams classic film Mrs. Doubtfire. The realization sparked an idea in her to start a blog about film adaptations of books. The blog was actually started but no posts ever went up because she was teaching and very busy. But the idea has been brewing in her mind for the past 7 years, until she decided a podcast would be more her style to talk about books and movies. And behold the podcast, "From Cover to Reel" was born.