We threw her a Minnie Mouse birthday party for her second birthday. She was so excited. She asked me for about a week afterwards what happened to her "birpay party" and keeps pretending that she is having a party.
I made her a chocolate birthday cake using my favorite chocolate cake recipe, which you can find on a box of Hershey's Cocoa Powder. Our litte one loves blueberries, so I used this blueberry filling for the middle.
I made pink buttercream frosting for the outside. For the polka dots I used these Wilton's candy eyeballs. I just turned them around backwards so they looked like plain white polka dots, and nobody knew the difference.
On today's post, I am going to share with you my secret to perfectly delicious buttercream frosting! You can use this recipe for all your frosting needs and adjust it with any color you want it to be, and add chocolate if you want. Your sweet treats will always taste delicious.
Perfect Buttercream Frosting
- Soften 1 and 1/2 cups of butter to room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- Beat butter until it is white, light, and fluffy.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla to butter. Continue beating.
- Add 2 lbs powdered sugar.
- If you want to add any coloring, add it at this stage.
- Once the powdered sugar is mixed in with the butter add in the milk, 1 TBSP at a time.
- Continue adding milk until frosting is a smooth consistency for spreading, but still holds it's shape.