After writing the post about goal setting, I shared another one with you about my own, specific goals. I started out stronger and for longer that I have in years past, but I did struggle after my schedule changed when I started taking care of my granddaughter. But, I did see a lot of progress in many areas, so I am calling my method a qualified success! After all, any progress is a success and since it was my first year trying my planner method, I can give it a few tweaks and keep trying.
- Journaling-Right away I found that my chosen day to journal was difficult. I need to change it this year. I made a few entries throughout the year, but not nearly enough.
- Eating Healthier-I have changed a number of recipes to vegan, mostly for Maddy's sake. But, I have a long way to go when it comes to my own willpower.
- Reading More Again-My reading did pick up in 2018, mostly thanks to Alicia starting the podcast! I want to pick it up more this year!
- Scripture Study-This was my only goal in this category and I did very well with it, I am happy to report. My husband and I have started studying together in the evening and we love that time to read and discuss. I can feel the change in myself because of it.
- Gardening-It didn't happen. Hopefully this year!
- Sprouting Wheat-I did this at least once this past year.
- Can more vegetables-Well, I canned chicken, jam and peaches but now vegetables. Maybe if I get a garden in this year...
- Re-organize my Pantry-I did work on this. I went through and got rid of expired food and put the oldest stuff to the front so that we can not have waste.
- Organize Books-I got a lot done in this area. I have gone through books in 3 rooms of my house and even gotten rid of a few. I have organized my bookshelves. I do have more boxes of books stored to go through.
- Redecorate my bedroom-Instead, we have started on my craft room. I will soon post about the new floor that my husband put down for me as my Christmas gift!
- Research-Continues to happen!
- Pitch Kit-I haven't made a kit, but I have pitched with some success!
This past week, we found Happy Planners at Micheal's for 60% off! This is the time of year to look for deals on calendars and planners. Alicia got a large planner and mine is the smaller one. I found them on Amazon, and I also found that you can get a hole punch that fits the Happy Planner pages so that you can add your own personalized pages to your planner. That would be perfect for me to add journaling pages to my planner. I also love how each month has a place to list goals. That will be great for making short term goals that will lead to being successful on my larger goals.