Last week, on this post, I told you about the great calendar/planner that Maddy gave me for Christmas and how I was going to use it to help me keep my goals for 2018. (That link is to the customizeable planners at Minted. There are other choices listed on that other post.) I also promised to share my goals with you when I had them all decided upon. Soooo.....
- Home Improvement
- Journaling-This is one of the things I mentioned that I was pretty sure I would do when I wrote my planning post. I have decided to journal at least once per month and I have set the day to be the fourth Sunday of every month. I chose to journal because I want to use it as a way to be able to record my successes and improvements as I work on my goals.
- Eat healthier by adding more plant based foods and less meat to my meals. I plan to make sure my plate is 3/4 plant based. Also, I am revamping some recipes to be meatless.
- Start reading again! I love to read but since I have been working so hard on my blog, I find that I have less and less time to read. I have already made a start by picking up a book by Alice Hoffman called, The Rules of Magic, which is already sucking me in. I'll be sure to review it when I am finished. I have considered using Audible and listening to books. I might try the 30 day free trial and see how I like it.
I only set one goal in this category because I feel like many of my other goals will ultimately help me spiritually as well. (Such as journaling and healthy eating.)
1. Scripture Study-I used to always read my scriptures in the morning. Now, that just isn't working for me. Since my children are all going different directions and my husbands work hours are changed, I am finding many things changing in my life and I have to change old habits to fit these changes. I need to carve out 30 minutes a day for scripture study and I am going to try for the early evening. If that doesn't work well, I will try something else until I find what works.
Another part of making my scripture study more successful is remembering to pray before and after I read. This goal is very important to me. I will be sure to journal about my progress and insights as I work on this goal.
- Put in a garden. We haven't done one for a couple of years. I really love fresh veggies from the garden, and here in Arizona, you have to plan ahead because of our hot summers. I need to start preparing my garden spot in January and have the tomatoes in by the end of February.
- Continue sprouting wheat for flour and come up with new recipes. I love this healthy way of baking. (This is a goal I can't really do in the summer because of the heat!)
- Can more vegetables! Hopefully from my garden! (This is an example of a goal I won't be able to work on immediately, but will schedule in when the vegetables start coming in.)
- Re-organize my pantry and food storage areas. I have to wait to start this until my oldest son and his family are gone. They are staying with us for awhile as he finds his first law job, so I probably won't begin this process for a couple of months. (Please don't judge my mess above! I may have to turn to Clearissa's Command Center for advice when I begin this project!)
- Go through all of the books in my house and keep what I love and donate the rest! I promised to do this last year and never got to it. I have purchased two new bookcases though, so I am on the right track! This should help me with my reading goal above because I am sure to come across books that I will want to read again!
- Redecorate my bedroom. I won a gift card from Minted over a year ago and I chose to purchase curtains for my bedroom with it. They are still stored away waiting to be used. I am determined to get it done this year. Of course, once again it will have to wait, but that is okay because when it is too hot to work outside, I will work inside and get things done then.
- Research and address topics that will be of benefit to our readers. Watch for a poll and questions asking for your input!
- I want to make a pitch kit to companies whose products I love to see if I can write sponsored posts for them and promote them on my blog. This could be beneficial to them, to us and to our readers.