This post contains affiliate links. We will be compensated for purchases made through those links at no additional cost to you. All views expressed are our own. Thank you for your support.
Yesterday I posted about the fresh pesto that I made without pine nuts out of the basil in my garden and I promised you a recipe to use it in. So, today I am showing you a variety of recipes that you can make for a family pizza night, one of which is a Pesto-Goat Cheese Chicken Pizza! That is the great thing about DIY pizza, you can put whatever toppings on them that you want and personalize them to fit your taste.
We like to use our favorite pizza dough recipe that I shared on this post long ago. Or, if you are worried about gluten or anything like that, you can make or purchase a cauliflower crust. Lindsey shared a recipe on this post.
- We have a round metal pizza pan like this one, which works just fine. I usually spray it with cooking spray and sprinkle a little corn meal on the bottom.
- I have the Pampered Chef rectangular stone. I love it. Pampered Chef also carries a round stone, in various sizes.
- I have a couple of that I don't remember where I got them, but here are some similar ones.
- We have had birthday parties where everyone was able to make their own personal pizza. We used pie pans or cookie sheets as well.
- I got the Chicken-Pesto-Goat Cheese PIzza idea from Everyday Reading. I just used my own crust and way of doing the toppings.
- Pull, push or roll your dough out on your prepared pizza pan.
- Mix together 5 ozs. of goat cheese with 2 T. of pesto. (or according to your taste.)
- Spread the Pesto-Goat Cheese mixture on the crust.
- Sprinkle good Parmesan Cheese over the Pesto mixture.
- Sprinkle on Mozzerella Cheese.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, a few shredded carrots and the chicken.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes.
- My crust is vegan, so I used it.
- I spread some vegan ranch dressing over the crust.
- I topped it with carrots, broccoli, tomatoes and onions.
- I sprinkled on nutritional yeast to take the place of cheese.
- Bake it in a 450 degree oven for 15-20 min.
Cooking is more fun for me when I am making things that I grew or created myself. We made the dough from scratch, I made the pesto, I grew the basil and the tomatoes! It all tastes so good! Next, I am going to try making my own mozzarella! What are your favorite pizza toppings? Do you like pineapple on your pizza? I'd love to hear!