- You just fill your jars with berries.(I used wide mouthed pints.) Fill gently, without squishing. Blackberries are a tender fruit!
- With the fruit in each jar, add 2 T. of lemon juice.
- Cover fruit the rest of the way with simple syrup. (2 c. water with 1 c. sugar is the ratio. Cook and stir until the sugar dissolves.)
- Wipe the rims and add the lids.
- Put into a water bath canner. When the water starts to boil, set the timer for 10 min. Then turn off the heat and lift the jars from the canner.
- Listen for the lids to pop! That means they are sealed! Now you will have blackberries for pies, cobblers, ice cream or whatever your heart desires, even when they aren't on sale.
To print the labels, click on the button to get the pdf file. Then click print. Make sure you click the "fit to page" option. There are some blackberry and many Strawberry Jam labels on one page. You may only need one or the other, but you can always cut them off and save the ones you don't use. These are designed to print on the Polaroid Round Adhesive Labels. You can also find them on Amazon here.
jam labels jam labels