One of our favorite things to get there is the Crunchwrap. So we thought we’d try to make it at home. It seemed simple enough and it was! The result turned out delicious, simple, and had the potential to be healthier (that’s not the route we went with but it could be).
Making the Crunchwrap
around the top of the Crunchwrap to secure everything in place.
2. Main protein- we used cooked ground beef, but I imagine beans (refried or otherwise) would be
delicious too! I can also see a breakfast version with egg or potato. You’ll want to spread it into a
circular shape that will fit underneath the tostada shell.
3. Nacho Cheese- I love the Fritos Jalepeño Cheddar dip. My tip is to spread this on the bottom of the
tostada, rather than try to put it on the meat directly. This cheese is too spicy for our kids so we just
used regular shredded cheese for them on this layer. I can also see guacamole being delicious right
4. Tostada Shell- this is where the crunch comes from for the Crunchwrap.
5. Sour cream- again spread this onto the top of the tostada shelf. This is another layer that would be
delicious as guacamole. This is also a great place to add hot sauce!
6. Vegetables and herbs- Lettuce, diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, diced peppers. Take or leave
whatever veggies you wish.
7. Shredded Cheese- a final layer of shredded cheese is added.
8. A small circle of flour tortilla- this may not be needed if your base tortilla is large enough to
completely close over the top. Mine weren’t, so this circle helped to keep things secure in my
Crunchwrap as I “grilled” it.
Carefully place it plated side down on a hot pan or griddle over medium to medium high heat. Let it cook about 3-5 minutes until it’s browned. Flip and repeat.
Now your Crunchwrap is ready to enjoy.
I’d love to know if you make it and what variations you try! Let us know in the comments below.