As the holidays came around, things were standing still in there and I hadn't decided what to do with the floor. I couldn't move on without getting the floor taken care of. Thank heavens my husband took things in hand and told me that laying the floor and working on my room would be his Christmas present to me this year! What a great gift, and he has worked so hard!
If you remember, there are a bunch of built in shelves on one side of the room which are going to be great for my craft supply storage, but the previous owner who built them didn't remove the baseboard when he built them in. So, while the rest of the room will be getting taller baseboards, we had to put a 3/4 round strip along the shelf wall to hide the raw edges of the flooring. But, since it is under the desk, it won't really show anyway. As you can see in the picture, we also have to replace the wall socket plates.
Here is what is left on the to do list:
- I need to paint the closet still.
- Trim the floor and the top of the sewing desk
- We are adding one more shelf above the sewing desk. And, peg board on one shelf wall to hold scissors and other tools.
- Replace wall socket plates
- Window treatments (I am torn between blinds, curtains or both and I feel like I am going blind perusing all of the choices on Minted. Help).
- My husband is going to build me a cutting/craft table!
- I really want a cozy chair to sit in while doing handwork.
- Organizing all of the craft items that are scattered throughout my house!