Tip #1 Say No to the Dishes
- Disposable everything. Not exactly environmentally friendly, but it is friendly to your sanity. Foil pans for the oven, crock-pot bags, paper plates, plastic silverware; all disposable. Meaning the most cleaning you'll have to do after a meal is take out the trash. If you want to take it a step further, only buy microwavable meals!
- If you want to be more earth friendly, invite yourself over to eat at friends houses and or send your kids to friends houses to play at dinner time. For this to be extra effective rotate through your many friends so they don't catch on to what's happening. That way at the end of the night you are left with a shiny kitchen and your friend got to enjoy your company, and will happily wash the extra dishes your family provided.
Tip #2 Make No Walk Zones
- Set them up like a museum with ropes in the hallways to keep out unwanted dirt and put little gates in the doorways to discouraging anyone from entering. This way, your family can look in and remember the fun times they used to have in that room that made it messy.
- Take this a step further by only allowing your family in 4 rooms of your house: the living room, bathroom (an unfortunate necessity we'll get to soon), the kitchen (on rare and thoroughly planned occasions), and their bedroom (for sleeping and changing only).
Tip #3 Keep Your Showers Fresh
- Use Press N Seal wrap to line the walls of your shower and tub. This will prevent the water and soap from building up on the clean surfaces of your bathroom. Change it daily or weekly, whatever you guys are comfortable with.
- Limit showers and baths to one per week per person. This way you can save water, and the cleanliness of your bathroom. Give each member of your family baby wipes to use in between showers. And dry shampoo (lucky for you we did a tutorial on how to make dry shampoo) and braids are a life saver for those with long hair.
- Eliminate showers from your home all together by using the showers at the gym or at school. An outdoor shower for your camping supplies, pool, or hot tub won't need any cleaning since it's outside, so use that to your hearts content!
Let me know how these work for you and I hope you all have an amazing April Fool's Day.