The idea of intermixing all of these Fairy Tale characters reminds me of the television show, Once Upon a Time, available on Amazon.
I used to regale my children with tellings of The Three Little Pigs and Goldilocks and The Three Bears. Of course, I would tell these by heart, without reading a book because my parents used to tell them to me that way. My father used to tell me that the hot porridge burnt all of the hair off of the Daddy Bear's tongue. I have passed that on to my children and grandchildren. And, when the Big, Bad Wolf went down the Pig's chimney, he landed in the hot pot which caused him to shoot back up the chimney and land so far away that he never came back to bother those 3 pigs (who all survived by the skin of their teeth) again.
But, I have seen some awesome versions of these stories over the years. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- The Disney version in book and DVD. I really like the music in this classic.
- The James Marshall Version The Three Little Pigs (Reading Railroad) I love his illustrations!
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs The very funny story from the wolf's perspective.
- The Three Little Wolves and the Big, Bad Pig Quite a cute twist on the story.
- The Three Little Javelinas Being from Arizona where there are many javelinas, I had to include this awesome version.
- Goldilocks and The Three Bears, another great James Marshall version.
- And here is a Jan Brett version! I love her stuff!