- Whenever I see a new infant grandbaby for the first time, my heart expands in my chest about twice the size it normally is! They are just so beautiful and to see my own children so happy, and being loving parents with their own children just fills me with so much love and joy!
- They find joy in such simple things. As a grandma, I can help them enjoy those things and create special magic for them.
- A grandmother I know, named Marci says her favorite thing is, " Being a kid again with them. ;-)Monday, four of our granddaughters visited. I had cupcakes ready for them to decorate. By the time they finished, we had goopy glops of icing and random sprinkles all over the kitchen. The whole time I was cleaning up stickiness, there was a big grin on my face.
"There is nothing like a grandchild to put a smile on your face, a lump in your throat and a warm feeling in your heart."
- It is always so exciting when they learn to call you by name and say "Grandma!" or whatever your grandchild calls you, because they want you or want to show you something or they see you on the chat when you call them.
- Grammy Dee says, "The best thing about being a grandmother is experiencing a love like no other, a love that I didn’t even know was possible.I love watching them grow. I notice things about them that I didn’t notice or don’t remember when my children were babies, toddlers, and older. Maybe it’s because I’m no longer a young, financially struggling, working mother. I’m now an older, financially fit, retired grandmother who has time to spend with them. The first time I heard my first grandbaby say Grammy, it absolutely melted my heart! I loved hearing my new name coming from that little mouth. When the second grandbaby learned to say it, it was just as sweet and dear to me!"
"Being a mother is the most important job in the world. Being a grandmother is the most fun!"
- Watching your grandchildren do things that appalled you as a young mother is a lot of fun because you get to watch your children be appalled and laugh under your breath.
- I love making time for my grandchildren and creating memories, like reading with them, making and decorating cookies, going on outings. For awhile, I used to pick up some of my grandchildren from school when they had a short day every week and their mom was still at work. We would go on a simple outing, and called it Adventure Wednesday! I started going to have lunch once a week with my grandson who lives in town. I call it lunch with Spencer. Now that I babysit one of my granddaughters, she goes as well, so they can get to know each other as cousins. Spencer is the one with a new baby sister, so our lunch group is growing! I love it!
"Some of our greatest blessings call us Grandma and Grandpa."
"Grandchildren are like snowflakes, each one is beautifully unique."