So today I have a free subscriber printable of these stencils. I went with fun monster faces for these. They're simple to cut out and would be great practice for your young scissor users.I had my son (5) cut out the big outline and then I cut out the face details. He also traced the stencil onto the construction paper.
I made these stencils to fit a regular sized piece of construction paper when folded into fourths. If your paper is a little different size than mine, no worries, just make sure that you don't cut the sides completely and your garland should still work.
- Fold a piece of construction paper (or regular paper) into fourths.
- Cut out all the grey areas on your stencils.
- Trace the stencil onto the top layer of your folded construction paper.
- Cut out along your traced lines. Be sure not to cut the sides completely or the shapes won't be connected. Make sure all 4 layers of paper are cut and don't forget to cut out the inside shapes of the faces. *For the mummy you can cut slits to make it look like overlaid wrappings.
- Unfold your garland and hang up to enjoy!