I looked online to see if the same kit was still available. I didn't see it, but here is a similar one. Also here. This one is cute for kids.
I decided it would be fun to make some soap and give it to her to go with the baby gifts I am working on. I know that lavender is a great essential oil to induce relaxation and sleep, and I love how oatmeal makes my skin feel. It is so soothing. So I decided to make a Lavender-Oatmeal soap.
- I added about 16 drops of lavender essential oil to the melting soap base.
- In my mini nut grinder, (similar to this), I ground about 3 T of rolled oats into powder. I added the resulting powder into the soap base.
- Add 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract.
- I used a mixture or red and blue soap dye to get a soft lavender color. You can purchase dyes for soap here. Don't use food coloring, it will stain your skin.
- Stir the soap throughout the entire process as it melts and as you add ingredients. When it is well blended, pour into molds. Alicia's kit came with these round molds and some animal shapes.