few roadblocks because, for one thing, the end result was so huge! When the chef made it , he used pecan pie and pumpkin pie in a spice layer and a maple layer of cake. It looked so cool when he sliced it, but it also looked like a lot to eat. I didn't think a pie would fit into my regular 9" round cake pans either.
Here is how we made our version of the Piecupcaken:
Meanwhile, mix up an angel food cake mix.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 min. I tried this for 20 min, but the fluff of the cake didn't hold up as well as at 25, even though the cake batter did cook all of the way through at both tries.
While we worked on this we came up with some other flavor combinations to try:
- Cherry Pie-Chocolate Cake to make a Black Forest type PIecupcaken.
- My husband says Pecan Pie and German Chocolate!
- Cherry or Strawberry Pie with Lemon Cake.
- Apple Pie with Spice Cake.
- Peach Pie with Yellow Cake or Spice Cake