HOW TO HARD BOIL AN EGG
1. Place the eggs in water with baking soda.
2. Put on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil.
3. Boil the eggs for one minute (use a timer).
4. Cover the eggs, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit covered on the hot burner for another 10 minutes. (Time it again.)
5. After ten minutes put the eggs in ice cold water and leave for five minutes.
If you follow those steps your shells will peel beautifully and easily and you'll have lovely deviled eggs.
Finally, my aunt Karen puts bacon bits in her deviled eggs. I didn't have any bacon bits when I made this batch, but I still included them in the recipe because... bacon bits are good.