This Post contains affiliate links. We will be compensated for anything you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. All views expressed are my own. Thank you for your support!
I posted this Valentine's day post a few years back, right after giving birth to my oldest daughter, who just turned 5 in December! I can't believe it is already 2023! Yesterday we celebrated our sweet son Henry's birthday.
For some reason, Valentine's Day has been on my mind already, I want to make it extra special this year. Valentine's Day is generally not my thing, but this year I don't want to focus on romantic love (although I am married and Valentine's Day is also my husband's birthday, so there will be some romance) but just the importance of loving others in general.
Food is definitely a love language. In this post I listed seven great recipes for you to try out on Valentine's day (or maybe the lead up to it) including some great cocoa bomb ideas!
By the way, have you purchased our Hot Cocoa Bomb book from our Etsy shop yet? We actually have two, our original book, and our fall flavor book! Don't get the store bought trash, learn how to make the original and best cocoa bombs around, our Original Hot Cocoa Bombs!
Maybe I can convince my mom and sisters to put together a Valentine Cocoa Bomb recipe book in time to have all your favorite Valentine flavors this February!
Make sure you check out our video at the link below for how to make some tasty Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs. What a delicious, warm pink drink in time for Valentine's Day!
Valentine's day is coming up and you might still be wondering what you should be cooking that night. Whether you're planning on a romantic dinner for two, or something fast and easy for the whole family, we are here to help.
This blog is full of recipes and I've lined up a few of my favorites here for you to choose from. Remember, you can also go to our Etsy shop and buy our bloggilicious baking pages to create your own hard copy cookbook with our recipes!
Our valentine's day will be different this year. It is PH's birthday, so of course we'll be celebrating that! But now we have a little one, and family will be in town to celebrate her because on the 18th she will be blessed at our church. (I guess a blessing is sort of like a christening, but there is no water. Is there water at a christening? I think so. a blessing is when the father, or another worthy priesthood holder, holds the baby and gives her a name and then blesses her with whatever Heavenly Father tells him to bless her with. In a nutshell.) Alicia will be here and her son's birthday is the 13th and he'll be turning 3! Our nephew Hunter is also here and he'll be 3 on the 20th! So with all this busy family time, we'll probably want to be using some of these great recipes ourselves!
Happy Valentine's Day!
1. Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs: my mom came up with this flavor last year and we made this cute video to show you how they work! Here in AZ its already 80 degrees, but in those parts of the country where it is still freezing you can warm up with that special someone with these tasty bombs!
2. Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Bombs: my mom also showed you another fun flavor and decorated them for Valentine's day! Check out how cute they are!
3. Shrimp Pesto with Zoodles: don't forget, last year I gave you the perfect Valentine's day meal. It's what PH and I had, and we enjoyed it quite a bit! I think I might go buy zucchini and make it again!
4. German Rinderrouladen and Potato Dumplings: Go international with this tasty meal from Alicia's journey into German foods!
5. Valentine's Day appetizers: if you're throwing any kind of party (like we are) these Valentine appetizers are sure to be a hit!
6. Swiss Cake Roll: what Valentine's Meal is complete without dessert? Check out our tasty Swiss Cake roll for yours!
7. Butterscotch Not so Squares: Of course Valentine's Day involves candies and chocolate. Give a heartfelt gift by making these tasty chocolates that your significant other will love!
Well, there you have it. Seven recipes sure to make your Valentine's day a success, no matter whom you're celebrating it with!
2/13/2018 08:30:56 am
The door decoration is too cute! The swiss roll cake caught my eye. I may have to try that. #totallyterrifictuesday
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Creators of Hot Cocoa Bombs! (copyrighted)
Helen Reynolds: Mother of six children , grandmother to eleven! I love to cook, craft and create things and I especially love doing that with my family, So, when my lawyer daughter, Lindsey, my artist daughter, Madalynn, and I came up with the idea of Hot Cocoa Bombs, this blog was born. Then, one more daughter, with her technical and science skills, plus creativity has joined in to round us out! Read more about us here!