I went home for the summer. A couple of my roommates, Glen and another guy who I had dated a bit and had crush on came to CA and we all went to Disneyland and to the beach together. I knew that I only had one more semester before I finished school and I hated leaving behind the wonderful friends I had made. It was a fun yet kind of sad time.
Over that summer, a few young men were writing me letters. I would share them with my mom and she kept telling me that Glen really liked me. I told her that we were just friends and besides, he was too short for me. HA!
When I went back to school in the Fall, Glen and I started dating and it quickly became serious. By October we were engaged and 10 days after I graduated in December, we were married! Our wedding took place in the Los Angeles Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We took upon ourselves eternal promises to make our love and marriage last forever. We have stayed committed to those promises ever since that day.
- We were so broke when were first married that Glen decided to re-enlist in the army. He was a linguist in army intelligence . His language was Russian. We lived in Montery, CA for a year while he learned the language. We met life long friends there.
- We lived in Texas and learned to sail! (But, we haven't sailed since we left Texas!)
- We lived in West Germany for 2 years. Our oldest son was born there!
- We lived in Kansas until Glen's time in the service was over.
- We moved to Phoenix, AZ. We had 5 more children! We have 3 boys and 3 girls.
- I started substitute teaching in elementary school after my first 4 children were born. We never had to have daycare because Glen worked the graveyard shift and took care of them during the days that I worked.
- Thanks to my sister and brother-in-law, we were able to go with them and visit Tahiti, where Glen had served his mission. It was amazing!
- We've owned 3 dogs, a cat, some fish, 6 chickens and my son had a rabbit for awhile throughout our marriage.
- We now have 10 grandchildren.