Maddy and I went on a little Fall shopping spree and we came back with some great stuff that is pretty inexpensive!
First of all, look at the adorable Thankful Chalk board that Maddy decorated. We found the plaque at Michael's for about $2.50. Maddy had a great idea to turn it into a chalkboard that family members can write things that they are thankful for everyday or every week throughout the season, whatever your pleasure.
Of course, I already owned the chalkboard paint. I painted the base coat and did a thin wash of brown acrylic paint around the frame. Then I was nervous about writing "thankful," so I made Maddy do it! Ha ha! Look how cute it came out! She always thinks of the cute details like the little leaves and dots. She did it all with one chalk marker! Free hand! I would have written thankful and left it at that! Here are a few close-ups:
- All kinds of Fall leaves! If you want a bunch of the same kind for wreaths, you can order them on line and have them shipped for free to the store for free pick-up!
- They have all kinds of pumpkins, but these velvet ones are gorgeous in person and for $1, they are well worth the price! We picked up one, and now I want more of them. They come in a variety of colors.
- These placemats are beautiful and affordable!
- There is a ton of different types of ribbon for Halloween and Fall decorating! I have an idea that I can't wait to share!
- I couldn't resist this owl and some of the other sparkly light up decor!
Decorating for the seasons and holidays is so much fun to do with kids because they get so excited. I was glad that my daughter and my granddaughter have been here to help at my house! (Even though my granddaughter is not quite 2, she sure gets excited about the stuff!) So, have a FUN Labor Day weekend and get in the Fall mood! If you are still have high heat and humidity like we are, it may even help you feel a little cooler!
Click on our Halloween category to see past ideas! Also our Fall category has great ideas and recipes!