Not only did I add the extract, today I was making this for Maddy who is vegan. So, instead of egg, I used chia seed instead. Did you know that you can use chia seed as a replacement for eggs? Even if you aren't vegan, that is a handy thing to know! Just mix 1 T. of chia seed with 1 T. of water and let it sit for about 10 min and then use it like you would an egg. This proportion equals one egg. So, if you are ever out of eggs, just pull out your chia seeds! Chia seeds are very healthy, too. Maybe that can counteract the effects of the root beer?
Another good alternative for your Pancake Sunday Station would be Chunky Apple Pancakes with Red Hot Syrup! The red syrup would look so patriotic! You can choose to make whatever pancake recipe you love and make it as healthy or not as you want. I think that in this instance, dollar sized pancakes are best.
- Mini plastic Uncle Sam Hats come 3 in a package.
- I love this eye catching patriotic plastic tablecloth!
- Of course, the red plates are always at Dollar Tree.
- I even picked up the chocolate sauce at our Dollar Tree!
- Chocolate syrup (you can purchase it or make it. Here is our recipe.
- Maple syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Fresh fruit (We had strawberries and blueberries. But don't forget peaches, bananas, apples...)
- Peanut butter
- Butter (of course)
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino Cherries