This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking them, we will be compensated, but there is no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are our own. Thank you for your support.
We have people over for dinner quite often, whether it is family or friends who are like family or people we are just getting to know. When I have the same people over very often, I have to change up what I cook, but when I am having people over for the first time, there are a few menus that I go to for "company meals." Now that my girls are all off living on their own, I asked them what meals they like to serve when they have friends over. We came up with a nice variety of choices! Some can be served a little nicer, but many lend themselves to more informal, comfortable, and delicious nights of food and gathering together. So, today for Friday Faves the question is:
What do you like to serve company for dinner?
2. Coming in at a close 2nd to taco night is Green Chili Burro night. This one involves a roast in a crock-pot and once again all of the Mexican toppings. Plus, there is usually rice and beans to go along with it. Maybe some Guacamole. If we are having a large crowd, I sometimes serve both tacos and burritos.
3. Lasagna is always a great crowd pleaser and you can serve a lot of people with it and some salad. Alicia shared her recipe for the Best Lasagna Ever awhile back. And Lindsey made a Zucchini Lasagna here. Now I am really hungry for lasagna just thinking about it!
4. Along those Italian lines, Lindsey and Maddy both like Spaghetti! Lindsey likes to be able to toss the sauce in the crock pot and Maddy can make it without meat. Lindsey may even serve it over spiralized zucchini.
5. Stuffed Shells are similar to Lasagna, but maybe a little fancier? They are a favorite of Lindsey's.
6. Speaking of crock-pots, they can really help relieve the stress of getting food made and the house straightened for company at the same time! Or, if you work the day that company is coming, you can just throw something in it in the morning and it will be delicious and ready by the time you get home. One of my favorite go-to meals, and my family's favorites is this Chicken Casserole that I showed in the crock-pot, but often make in the oven as well. People always love it.
I am still just learning how to use my Instant Pot, or I am sure that I would have recipes on here for using it, too.
6. The final thing that we love to serve is grilled burgers, my husband's favorite! Practice and find the method that you love when it comes to grilling burgers, add all of the toppings and some good sides and you will be set!
What do you like to make for company? Leave us a reply in the comments!
Past Friday Fave you may have missed but shouldn't have:
Creators of Hot Cocoa Bombs! (copyrighted)
Helen Reynolds: Mother of six children , grandmother to eleven! I love to cook, craft and create things and I especially love doing that with my family, So, when my lawyer daughter, Lindsey, my artist daughter, Madalynn, and I came up with the idea of Hot Cocoa Bombs, this blog was born. Then, one more daughter, with her technical and science skills, plus creativity has joined in to round us out! Read more about us here!