My DIL told me last month what she was planning as a costume for my young grandson. They usually do a family theme and last year they all went as Moana characters. LIttle Spencer was Maui! My son was that giant turtle that loves shiny things and DIL was Moana. They were adorable. And, this year, even though Lindsey doesn't love Halloween that much, she is getting into it for the sake of her daughter and has their costumes planned.
How about you? It is mid-September and time to get into thinking about your kids costumes, and your own if you do that, not to mention parties and decorations. Don't be a bad Halloween mom like I was! I'm here to help you!
- Last year, Alicia had already recognized the need for planning ahead, and shared these last minute costume ideas. But, they don't have to be last minute! They are so cool and if you spend more time on them, they could be even cooler!
- Disney characters are popular costumes for those who don't like scary. Our Mouse Ear tutorial will help you out and save you money!
- On Friday Faves last year we shared some of our past costume ideas that might get you started with some costume ideas of your own!
- Last year, Maddy, who loves Halloween, shared 3 Fall Wreaths. This one was my personal favorite and the most Halloweenish I think.
- Last week I shared how to use old pill bottles to make a string of spooky lights!
- Alicia gave us some tips for throwing a Halloween party on this post. There are some awesome decorations suggested!
- You may just want some simple cookies for a kids party, or even let the kids do the decorating! Here is a simple way to do it.
- For your own friends, Lindsey shared some great Halloween themed appetizers. They look gooey and creepy, but taste great!
- The previously mentioned post by Alicia also has some fun Halloween food ideas.